Continuing a successful partnership, tml Partners recently hosted a webinar with Clear M&C Saatchi. This event brought together Chief Marketing Officers from leading B2B firms to discuss the challenges of setting growth strategies for 2021 in a post-COVID world.
- Jo Ouvry, Director of Corporate Affairs, Deloitte
- Rosa Wilkinson, Director, Corporate and B2B, CLEAR M&C Saatchi
- Claire Gosnell, Global Head of Brand, Communications and Marketing, Clifford Chance LLP
- Jamie Moran, Chief Marketing Officer, EMEA, JLL
- Bonnie Pelosi, Brand, Marketing & Communications Director, UK&I, EY
- Charlie Green, Partner, tml Partners
The lively discussion covered a wide range of topics around B2B growth strategies, including:
- balancing short-term tactics with long-term strategies;
- balancing human and digital elements of the client experience;
- rebalancing tone of voice to align with a more empathetic way of doing business;
- refocusing, supporting and upskilling marketing teams; and
- re-orientating your business as a force for good; transcending COVID to address wider societal issues.
Download the report from this event here.
Rosa Wilkinson started the conversation with her thoughts on this topic by looking at how the role of the CMO was already evolving in recent years. The traditional ‘commercialisation’ type leader found in B2B companies is shifting to those who play a greater role in driving growth and strategy.
But in times like these, all CMOs have a unique capability and responsibility to lead the way, and they must have the ability to keep organisational focus on changes to the customer and the outside world whilst blending data and creativity to drive demand. And when crisis or transformation dominates the agenda, these more strategic or enterprise-focused CMOs will drive even greater value for their businesses.